Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Waiting for the World to Change?

I think that we have lost sight of who we are.

Today, people are so oblivious to the things happening around them. We are all a part of this matrix system, living the day to day without a care in the world, until something personally affects us.  We do what we are told and go through the motions of just living ordinary lives. We don't speak up and when we do we are barely heard. What happened to "We are the People"? Where is our voice? But more importantly, why are we just sitting ducks while our world comes crashing down? Where is the passion that started this country, where is that drive and dedication? Why did we let them take that away from us? We still have a voice and we still have a say but we need to wake up and pay attention.

How can we be more concerned about a new relationship on Facebook or the premiere of the Walking Dead than the well being of our country? I can say, I too, am a victim of this. I never watch the news and rely on my father to fill me in on current events only because I am occasionally quizzed in one of my classes. But recently it has hit me. Why don't I care more? Am I really so naive in thinking that what is going on in the world and in our country is not going to affect me? Well apparently. But I am ready to change. It's time to change.

Please tell me the last time you actually cared about something bigger? Something that wasn't a day to day problem that directly affected you? Yeah, its a little hard isn't it?

I think it's time to change the way we think and the way we do things. It's our time to clean up this mess that was left for us. Many of us are graduating this year or early next year and the destiny of our country is in our hands. Yeah, it sucks with the state we are currently in. But we have the opportunity to make or break history. I have always been a firm believer in if you cannot change your situation, change your attitude about it. Well, in this case change your attitude and you might be surprised how it  might change your situation. So what are you gonna do about it? Are you just going to sit back and watch? How can you directly affect the well-being of our country, the well being of our generation?

You may be thinking, well this is dumb. I do not make a difference, how could I actually affect the well-being of our country in a positive way? Well you can. We can. We are all extremely talented, driven, creative, smart, and passionate human beings. We all have values and morals that we hold, whether we are living them out or not. So use those things. Hold those things true to yourself in your day to day life. Be kind. Smile at one another and pick each other up. Do not fall into the temptations of the status quo. Be who you are, and express that to others. Speak your heart.

If we all dive into the core of ourselves, we will find that we are able to change anything we put our minds to. We are more powerful than we think and we will make a difference, together.

So, what are you going to do today to better the future of tomorrow? We are Generation Now. We are the Hope. We are the Future. Wake up to the reality that you can make a difference and that it is our turn to shine. Go, now and take that leap of faith; at this point what do we really have to lose?


No comments:

Post a Comment